Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Upstairs Bathroom

More painting! Today I have spent my day off painting the upstairs bathroom. I began peeling off the layers...yes layers of wallpaper off the walls a couple weeks ago when we were working on the downstairs bathroom. I got worn out and took a break from it for a while. Gene and I worked on getting all of it peeled. He kept working wile I went to Starbucks with some friends last night...then I worked until midnight to finish it while he slept. (Fair trade I think!) So the first picture is after getting the primer on the walls. It is a very small bathroom. It has a slanted ceiling so that is why there is a shadow.



The 2nd and 3rd pictures are after the first coat of yellow (and the blue tape). It is a much deeper yellow than what it looks here. Lynzi has picked out zoo animals such as monkeys, lions, giraffe's etc to add to the room. I can't wait to get it all done.



Hopefully, I can make the finishing touches to the bathroom while Gene is camping this weekend and Lynzi is at Grandma and Grandpa's. What a nice surprise they will come home to. I am also cleaning the entire house while noone is here to undo everything...for euchre night!


1 comment:

Krista said...

You've been a busy woman...seems like you have made lots of home improvements....especially since we were there...like 3 years ago! It's defintely our turn...

Love the favors...wish I was in Euchre Club...have fun!

Scrapping is calling my name!...We should set a date!