Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day weekend

Saturday Lynzi and I went to a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. I am sad to say that was the best part of my whole weekend! Lynzi had so much fun playing and playing and playing. She told me a few months ago that she would like to have her bday there this year. So I thought I would take a chance and ask her if she would like to save her tickets for her bday and get a BIGGER PRIZE. She agreed! I couldn't believe it!

Sunday....began with a whirlwind...literally.......A TORNADO! I had just gotten out of the shower when the bathroom lights barely flickered twice. I didn't think much of it ...it was thundering outside. Then came the sound of the tornado siren! OMG! I had just explained to Lynzi what the tornado sirens were for since we heard them testing them on Friday. So I ran upstairs and grabbed Lynzi out of bed and we stood in the hallway. I explained to her what was going on and she didn't seem scared at all. I must have hidden my fear too well. Gene was at work and called to make sure we were ok and told us there was a tornado about 2 miles from us. YIKES! On our way to church we saw a lot of damage to trees and power lines. Our church is by a big park with a few soccer fields and all their nets were knocked down and blown away. What and ugly mess. Then we got to church and there was no electricity. We ended up having Sunday School in the sanctuary all together. Lynzi was so disappointed because she loves her Sunday School class. They had a few teachers get up and do a mini lesson of what they were going to teach that day to the kids. When Lynzi's teacher went to the front she asked that Lynzi and Payton (her only two kids that day) come and sit with her. Then a little 2 year old went up and sat with them even though she wasn't in the class. (Lynzi and Payton are the closest ones in the church to her age...so they are her friends!) So afterwards Lynzi came to sit with me...and the other two followed. By the end of the service at noon..my nerves were shot!

After church Lynzi and I got a snack and headed to Marion to see my mom for Mother's Day. I got about 30 miles away and my car broke down...in the rain! My coolant gauge was saying I was overheating...but I had plenty of coolant and the car wasn't steaming...but I was! HA! Gene's work was gracious enough to let him come to my rescue! We got my car back to the Muncie Walmart and I drove him back to work. Lynzi and I finally ate lunch at KFC at about 3pm. Then we went to the New Castle Walmart to get 3 clay pots. And guess what........ you guessed it...they didn't have any!!!

So we go home and go to bed!

7pm came and we had to go back in the rain to pick Gene up from work. Then we went to Muncie to get my car thinking it has set long enough to cool off. I checked that walmart for the clay pots...yep! Had them! Finally! Something positive! Then we headed home. We had to pull over twice to let the car cool off! UGH! But we made it to the church parking lot and left it there for the night and ate some late appetizers for dinner. I was not about to cook on Mother's Day! HA!

Today Gene took the car to get it fixed. It was a thermostat. $90. Much better than $2000 that my dad just told me they got their car fixed for! WHEW! Praise God!

I did get a GC for Goodies from my hubby for Mother's Day. I said, "I am not your mother!" He said, "But you are the mother of our daughter!" Ok, I will take that! :)

Lynzi made me a cute flower pot with a flower already planted in it from children's church, a candle from Sunday School and a cute picture frame with her picture in it that she also made in children's church. It was a good day after all! :)

No comments: