Saturday, May 24, 2008

Attack cat, parade preparation, and missing friends


I am sitting outside in the sun. What a wonderful feeling. the house is clean, the last of the laundry is in the washer and dryer...so I can just sit outside and enjoy the sun and watch Lynzi play in her sandbox. (Playing in sand box = tracking sand into the house. Thus the cycle again.) It is 65 degrees...and should be tomorrow! Thursday, after working,doing some grocery shopping, fixing dinner, eating and then cleaning up, Gene, Lynzi and I took a walk in the neighborhood. It wasn't too cold, but not warm enough, but it was nice to take a walk. On our walk we met a cute grey cat who was starving for attention. When Lynzi would stop petting him he would put is front paws up on her to get her to pet him again. Lynzi just loved it.



On Friday I finished my work early and began to work on things for the parade on Monday. Angel Food Ministries is going to have a float in the parade where we will hand out candy and Angel Food Menus.


It is always a fun time. Lynzi is "essited" to ride on the float. I will be getting to our float site at about 830am and decorating it until 10am when the parade starts. Dr. Marc at our church will provide the trailer, hay bales and the tractor to pull the float. Thank you Dr. Marc! It will be a lot of fun and it looks like we will have some good weather for it. Here is a picture of the candy I went thru and got out of packages. Thanks to my good friend, Julie for all the candy donations!






After the parade my good friend Becky and her family is coming for a cookout. They normally come on the 4th of July, but why wait until then? :) I am looking forward to getting together with them early this year!




So...about Julie. She is the director of Angel Food Ministries at church...and why isn't she helping with this parade??? Where is she???







"Wading in the gulf" says a text message with this picture attached! While sitting here she has been sending me more pictures....





"Shaggy's Seafood Gulf Port Miss." She said, "Just ordered." I said, "HUSH PUPPY!"






"My boats and house"


Ok now she is dreaming! One day...she will be back to reality in Indiana!



I miss being silly with her already! And she just left Thursday!



Speaking of silly. I talked to my roommate from college today on messenger. She is living and working New Hampshire . I miss being silly with her too. The moments of attaching plungers to the floors in Target, and her carrying around a bar stool that was on display with the word SAMPLE on it and saying it was her stool sample. To being saved by the mini blinds in our bedroom during a imaginary wind storm. To laying around talking about how many calories are in a tube of mascara. How fun! And that was all in one day! I miss her. One of my favorite phrases I say to Gene is..."Michele would have laughed!" when he doesn't think something I do or say is funny.


Well, a friend just called and asked if we wanted to go to the park for a picnic. I guess we are going to go have some fun. I will take pictures and hopefully blog them later! Have a great Saturday!


No comments: