Sunday, February 10, 2008

WOW! HAS IT BEEN A WEEK!

I can't believe it has been a week since my last blog entry. During the Superbowl Lynzi fell asleep on the couch. Not normal for her on a Sunday evening. When I woke her to take her to her bed upstairs she was warm. I took her temp---99.7. UGH! So I gave her some Tylenol. It is funny the things you do to get your kid to take medicine! I tried something new this time. She is not taking the Tylenol Meltaways. So I would sing...
"All around the Mulberry Bush the monkey chased the weasel.

The monkey thought twas all in fun. POP (put the pill in) goes the weasel. "
Worked every time!!!

She missed school on Monday...and her temperature wouldn't not stay down. Four hours after Tylenol...it would be back up to 101-102 degrees! Tuesday---same thing. So I called the doctor's office Tuesday morning and got her in at 3:15pm that day. They did a quick Strep test that come back negative and sent it off to see if it grew cultures. The doctor said they could do a flu test but it was up to us. I asked, "If it comes back negative...what can we do?" She said, "nothing since it has been 48 hours since her first symptoms." So we declined the test. Seemed useless.
Here is a picture of her on Sunday night.
Here is another one on Tuesday afternoon...



I began to feel sick as well on Wednesday. Lynzi and I slept in "mommy and daddy's" bed and Gene slept downstairs! Since she still had a fever Tuesday...on and off...we didn't let her go to school on Wednesday. She got up about 12:15pm and played a little on the floor beside my bed and watched tv. I fell asleep and woke up a couple hours later. I didn't hear her. So I went looking for her. I heard her MP3 player ...but I couldn't find her. I passed her twice before I found her laying on the floor asleep in the next room!



We had someone to watch over us.




Then he started to slack.....






That is it! He is fired!!!!



Thursday I went to work while Gene watched Lynzi at home. I got home and was getting ready for my Lia Sophia jewelry party at 6:30pm. My friend, Karmen (who sells the Lia Sophia) got there about 6pm and soon after the doctor called. Lynzi does have strep. I get this call as Lynzi is laying on the couch sleeping. She obviously isn't feeling better. So he calls her in an antibiotic. She is unable to go to school on Friday either! UGH! She was not happy! She loves school! I emailed a friend of mine at church who is a NP and asked her if I should make an appt since I have all the same symptoms as Lynzi. She emailed back, "Nope...we will call you in an antibiotic!" I didn't work on Friday---stayed home with Lynzi while Gene went to work. I called my boss on Thursday evening and asked him if I could just work on Saturday to get things done for Sunday morning service. And of course, he was fine with that.


My Lia Sophia party went well...still waiting on a few outside orders to make up their minds...then I have to make up mine! ACK!!!! I want one of everything!!!

Here are a few pics of Lynzi with her hair up in curlers last Saturday night. She liked it so well we did it again last night for church today!


Here is our princess today at church...wearing her pretty Valentine's Day dress!


It is now Sunday evening and Lynzi is psyched to go to school tomorrow. I have told her we would make Valentine's Cards tomorrow evening and she squeeled with excitement. Tuesday is ballet for her and then euchre club for me. Wednesday is her school Valentine's Party and then we will be going to ballet again to make up for last week's class she missed. Thursday I have a facial and Friday Lynzi goes to Grandma and Grandpas for the weekend. Saturday is Angel Food Distribution and Gene works the weekend. Perhaps I will get some scrapping done!!!


That is all for now. Hopefully it be won't be as long for the next blog.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I know that Lynzi has a hard time taking meds, so this may not work, but anytime my kids run a fever I rotate tylenol and motrin and that keeps it down. You can give it to them every 3 hours that way! (since they are different meds) Peyton has a past of febrile seizures, so we have to attack fevers very agressively, that is why my dr recommended the rotating. Hope this helps in the future!

So sorry to hear you were all sick!

Krista said...

Hey there...I was checkin in all week for a post...but you finally came through! Guess it worked out that we couldn't get together last weekend!

Love the pictures of your little cutie-patootie! We're fightin' Seth now with his medicine takin...takes 2 of us to force it down sometimes! That was one blessing of Kate...she ALWAYS gladly took her meds!

Praying for a healthy week!