Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday

Well today was a pretty good day. I filled in for the special music person at church today. So I chose an old song to sing. Lynzi LOVES it when I practice. She loves to do interpretive dancing while I sing. I sang "We Shall Behold Him" and when I would sing..."Be----hold" she would wrap her arms around her. How cute.


While we were eating lunch Lynzi asked, "Mommy? Do you we have a picture of Grandma and Grandpa?" A little confused I said, "Yes we do." She said, "Oh good, then I won't miss them." She absolutely loves going to Grandma and Grandpa's house. You probably can't tell by this picture!

Grandpa has this picture in a cute little frame and it sits right there on his table!

This evening...before bed...we decided to explain to Lynzi about her teacher. I really worked myself up for a long discussion. Ready to answer questions. Explain things. I asked her what her teacher's name is this year. She told me. Then I asked if she remembered her teachers name from last year. She said, "Miss Brenda." I said, "You remember she was really sick this summer?" She said, "yes." I said, "Well, she died yesterday. Do you know what that means?" She said, "She is in heaven with Jesus." I said, "Yes you are right." With tears in my eyes I was so sorry to have to tell her this news. She then said, "Is there something else you want to tell me?" HA! I guess there is no more explanation, no questions....nothing. It isn't very often we have her sit in our bed with us before her going to bed. So she figured that discussion was over and was hoping there was more because she didn't want to go to bed! I am sure they will have question and answer time tomorrow at school. She seems to understand that she is gone. But I don't think she understands how people are going to miss her. She is taught about Jesus in Sunday School and in her different classes at church...as well as at school. So she is probably happy that people get to go see and be with this cool guy, Jesus, that she is constantly learning about. It is hard for us to say goodbye...and we sometimes hang on to that...but we should concentrate more on the fact that she is no longer hurting, and she is with the Savior!!

On a lighter note...we watched the Oscars tonight. In fact, I am still watching them, but I saw what I was watching for. Jon McLaughlin performed the song So Close from the Disney movie Enchanted. Jon McLaughlin is a 2005 graduate of Anderson University, my Alma Mater, where I played percussion with his older brother Jeff. Unfortunately, the long didn't win but what a chance of a lifetime to perform at the Oscars!! I have not seen the movie. Grandma and Aunt Tina took Lynzi to see it. I guess i will get to watch it March 18th when it comes out on DVD.

So...three posts in 2 days. I need a break!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Seth had the exact same reaction when we told him about "Pampa" I guess little kids just get it and don't comprehend the whole "missing" aspect of death!

Glad for another post...gives me something to do at night when I can't sleep!