Saturday, February 23, 2008

Here's your post already!

After basically being challenged to post before it was another week...I decided I had better! (Thanks Krista!) HA!

Nothing too exciting happened this week....except SNOW! I think we got more snow this week then we have all year. School was delayed an hour at the preschool on Wednesday. Since it was snowing I just stayed at church(work) across the street from the preschool until she got out. No sense going all the way home and driving back to get her in the nasty white stuff! I ended up shoveling some snow at the church...um...for fun! ????

Friday Gene had the day off. So after Lynzi got out of school I got permission to leave work early since I had all my work done and had all my hours in. We picked up Lynzi, went to McDonald's and then headed to Anderson to pick up Steven Curtis Chapman concert tickets and a CD I won from the radio station. We got about 15 min down the road and turned around and headed back home after pulling over twice to scrape the ice off the windshield! It was crazy! So...I still need to get to Anderson to pick those up!

Today Lynzi went to the local Church of God for Winter Wonderland. It was a winter VBS. It lasted from 10am to 2:30pm. Her friend, Sydney (her mommy, Karen, is my friend) goes to that church. Lynzi had a blast. They got their picture taken in front of a snowflake background and made a cute snowman picture frame where they placed the picture. Then they did crafts, played games, learned a Bible verse, and ate lunch. From 1:30-2:30pm they had a magician. The parents were invited to come back to watch if they so wished. Gene and I did. It was really good! While Lynzi was there Gene and I enjoyed a breakfast out. I can't remember the last time I at breakfast out. Then we went to Baby B's to find some deals. We got Lynzi a blue jean jumper and a cute Children's Place skirt. I had enough money on my account that it was....once again....FREE! I love consignment shops! Then we had NO IDEA what to do with our time! HA! So we stopped by the credit union to see what the payoff would be on our 2 loans there if we paid them off in Aug....which is our plan! We can't wait! The teller said, "Planning ahead?" We told her, "Yes, we are working on our budget and plan on paying off the loans in Aug." She said, "Wow, I couldn't get that done." Pointing at me, Gene said, "She can help you with that! She loves to do our budget!" HA!

So, in August we plan to be debt free---except for Sallie Mae and our mortgage! That is exciting!!! Considering 2 years ago (after Gene's photography equipment was stolen so he pretty much lost his income) we were 3 months behind on everything but our mortgage, had 2 maxed out credit cards, 3 doctor bills, 2 car loans, 1 personal loan and another school loan at BSU. We have come a long way...and we are excited to keep going!!!! Thanks Dave Ramsey!!!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Hey now...no need to get nasty!!

Andy and I are so proud of you guys for getting out of debt! What an awesome awesome achievement....that probably took so much willpower! Way to go! What a burden that will be lifted!

Glad you had a great week...and a nice morning out!