Sunday, August 10, 2008

State Fair 2008. Band Day

We always like to go to opening day of the State Fair. It is Band Day and although none of our hometown bands compete anymore...we enjoy watching it. Our youth pastor works part time as a band director. One of his bands he works with competed and got 6th place! Lynzi especially enjoyed it this year. She danced in the stands. We bought her a cute little color guard flag to practice and pretend with at home. She was very much interested in the baton twirlers! I told her mommy used to do that when I was little....started at about her age actually. I would love to find someone to give her lessons. If anyone knows of any instructors close to us let me know!

Again this year we went to Indy the night before and stayed in a hotel. This time we stayed DOWNTOWN INDY! Gene got a great deal on a hotel room in the Marriot for $52!! I love good deals! Here are a few pics of Lynzi enjoying the view.

No comments: