Monday, August 18, 2008

More details on First Day of Kindergarten

The day went well, and I did a lot better than I thought! I held a lump in my throat a few times, but I held it back.

Lynzi got up with NO PROBLEM this morning. It was early...but not too early for those excited little "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK"s she lets out when she is excited! She ate a breakfast of fruit, cereal and OJ. Then got dressed....ALL BY HERSELF! She feels like such a big girl when she does that! Then I fixed her hair. We made a scrunchy yesterday to match what she would be wearing.

Gene and I went to Bob Evans for breakfast since he was off and I didn't have to be to work for another hour. I called it..."comfort food!" Well that comfort food was good and I didn't have to eat lunch!

Both Gene and I picked her up at the door where we noticed she forgot her lunch box. So we had to go down the hall to get it. While there she said, "Mommy I want to show you one thing!" I said, "Ok, show me." She said, "See this board? If we are bad we get our name written on the 'choice' box. That means we are in trouble." Well, good. She has that down pat the first day! So, if she didn't learn anything else today, she learned what happens if she gets in trouble. It is a good first lesson!

As we walked down the hall back to the front door, I asked her what her favorite part was. She said, "Sleeping." HA! Wasn't expecting that! They all have these little blue and red nap pads they lay on. How exciting is that?? She then told me she had met a new friend, Sydney. This makes 3 Sydney's she knows now!

As we make our way to the car the principal stops us. "Did her teacher tell you she can't wear flip flops?" OH NO!!! SHE LOVES FLIP FLOPS!! Not too mention she has 532 pairs! (Ok, not really, but it seems like it when she is told to pick them all up throughout the house. I said, "My husband wondered and I searched and searched in the school material and found nothing about flip flops. He said, "I know, it is just our own school's rule. Well POO! But...ok! An excuse to go out buy more shoes!!! HA!

She then told us about going to the Computer Lab and learning what NOT to do to the computers. She said, "We can't bang on the keyboards." A very good lesson #2.

Lynzi and I went over the papers sent home, about rules and such which explained more about the choice box. Everyday (perhaps) they get "choice" time where I assume they get to play, read, sleep (ha), do a puzzle, etc and if your name is on the board 5 min is taken away from that choice time. She said she got to have a choice today. Her choice was playing in the pretend kitchen.

All in all it was a good day for us all. We will see how well we all get up at 6am tomorrow! UGH!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Wow...breakfast just the two of you...it is a whole new world I guess with all day school. Glad things went so well...your poem is very cute...you'll definitaely have to scrap that...speaking of: we must talk about dates.

Have a great day

Karmen said...

UGH on the flip flops!!!!

Morgan's comment -- That's OBNOXIOUS!!!!