Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Playing catch up.

It has been a crazy few days. I don't have all my pictures downloaded but here are a few things from the weekend.


Wednesday we picked Gene's mom up from the airport. Even though we have had a zillion thunderstorms here lately...not on Wednesday evening. So her plane was on time! Lynzi had fun touring what we could of the airport. Before going to the airport we went to this new play place in town called Bounce About. Lynzi went up and down this HUGE slide hundreds of times!






Friday night was Lynzi's dress rehearsal for her recital. She did so well that night. She surprised me how much of her dances she really remembered!

Saturday was full day. We had lunch with many members of Gene's family. All 10 of us had a good time catching up while eating an early lunch. Then us girls headed to the hair salon to get Grandma E's hair cut and Lynzi's hair done for the recital. We had a lot of fun there....and of course it was raining! God was working with us though. The rain stopped right at the moment when we are to walk out of the salon! YAY! We headed straight to the high school for the recital. It went great! I got so emotional...but kept the tears in. I can't imagine how the parents of the seniors felt! Lynzi received her 2nd trophy for perfect attendance. She was so proud...and I gotta say...I am too! After the recital ended, family went back home and we headed to the field house where they were having the Relay for Life. We walked a couple laps as they were putting out the memorial candles. Here is one we found...Brenda Ferrell...Lynzi's preschool teacher her first year. As if I wasn't emotional enough! Then we decided to go home and change and head to the drive in theater where we saw Kung Fu Panda. It was ok, not the greatest for a little princess.


Sunday we went to church, had lunch with some friends, and then attended another church that evening. There we saw the India Children's Choir. Lynzi was very attentive!



Monday, Gene took his mother back to the airport and I worked and took Angel Food orders. While doing so the electricity went out right before we were hit with yet another, thunderstorm! The electricity did eventually come back on and we finished business and Gene and Lynzi made it back from the airport.

Today, ....have I mention I HATE COMCAST! Ok so we got rid of Comcast at home, but at church...we still have it. I was without internet today and had to made the dreaded call! They were NO HELP! God intervened and had our computer guy call in about something and he was on vacation from his job. So of course he was available to come to the rescue! So by 2:50pm we had internet!

Then I made these little gift bags for a Hawaiian Luau Bridal shower. My best friend, Julie, is helping host the bridal shower for her brother's fiance and asked me to come up with an idea. Here is what I did. It was fun!




I will try to post more pics tomorrow from the weekend!

No comments: