Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Birthday....

...to me! It was a great day! I went to work---that wasn't the great part but it wasn't bad either. I got a few projects done there. One project being Father's Day cards. Here are some pics.




After work I went home, paid some bills and then headed out to dinner with Gene and Lynzi. We went to a new place in town. It wasn't great...but they had fried pickles...so it cancels out all the bad! HA! We then went to Walmart to pick up a few things.


While at Walmart Gene informs me that he needs to go home to go to the bathroom! I was like, "WHAT? They have a hole in the ground here! You can go in it!" I was not done shopping! We were looking at some scrap booking things deciding what I wanted for my birthday. My phone rang, I ignored it because I was telling Gene of all the benefits this new scrap booking item had! So, whoever called left a message so I listened to it. It was my friend, Julie, in despair. So I called her back. Our Angel Food freezer stopped working and she needed me to come help her unload the freezer and take some of the food to put in our freezer at home. So we headed to the checkout. I told Gene to go ahead and check out and I would go to customer service to see if they had a couple boxes. They didn't. So we headed to the church. We walked into the gym and I hear ..."Surprise!" There was Julie and other friends there to celebrate! How nice of Julie to plan this party for me. But....she didn't! It was Gene's idea. Julie helped out a lot by picking up the cake, etc and getting things ready at the church. Thanks Julie!


Here is the cake.



It was a shoe and it is purple (my fav color)...also Gene's idea! He is normally NOT good at keeping a straight face about things but this time he did real well! Thanks, Honey!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you had a fun day.

Anonymous said...

awww... How sweet!
I just wish I had known :)
I would have loved to see your surprised face!
I love you! And I will see you SOON!
I am glad your day ws so HAPPY!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Julie had to make up a big fat lie to get LeeAnne to the church and felt really bad about it. Some others from the church said "you can lie with a straight face" i said "i have been practicing all day on what to say" BECAUSE LeeAnne questions everything!