Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sorry!

I am soooo sorry I have not blogged in so long. Oh how crazy life is when you start Kindergarten. I don't know how mom's with more than one child do it! Lynzi has been staying so busy with school, Girl Scouts and fundraisers ....and now tonight she started a new program at church called Awana. She is getting her little brain filled with knowledge all around! To learn more about Awana go to http://www.awana.org/ .

For now I will fill you on this past weekend starting with Thursday. Thursday Lynzi went on her first field trip and got to take her first ride on a school bus!....and mom got to go!!!! ( I HAD to take pictures!)

Here is Lynzi on her first school bus ride. Mommy got to sit with her!


Then here is my group eating the lunch before going into the Minnetrista Center in Muncie.Here the class is in front of the Museum.

Lynzi's class came especially to learn more about Johnny Appleseed...and he was there!!! They were so excited!
Here Lynzi is in the baby apple orchard. They had baby trees in a baby orchard and adult trees in an adult orchard.

Friday, Lynzi had a half day of school and then she went to a friend's birthday party. This was the first just-drop-her-off-party she has gone to! So...no pictures! :(

Saturday we all slept in and took our time getting ready for the day. We then went to Greenfield to the Riley Days. It is a big craft festival. We had lots of fun walking...and walking. Lynzi got her face painted and played a couple fun games. Then we walked and walked some more. It was a nice day for it!



After the festival we stopped in Knightstown for supper and ate Jeff's Pizza. Love it! Julie has brought me pizza from there before but we have never BEEN there. Well, lucky for us...it was BUFFET night! It was yummy!

Sunday...wow what a day today was! We went to church where I had to teach Children's Church. The kids were really well behaved and we had a lot of fun. Then we went out with friends for lunch and then they came over to watch the Colts game and a race on tv. I started Lynzi's "sitapon" that she has to make for Girl Scouts and then rushed back to church at 5pm for an Angel Food Committee Meeting. Then 6pm was Awana. We got home about 8pm after stopping at Kroger to get snacks for Girl Scouts! I had just remembered it was Lynzi's turn to take snacks! So back home, ate a quick dinner and Lynzi went to bed as I got things ready for the next day! Here are some pictures from Awana tonight.
Each child and adult ...not only in the Awana program but in the regular church services ...took a balloon outside and got to let it loose as a part of our opening ceremony! It was so beautiful! Attached the balloons were notes asking people to let us know where they found the card. We will see how far the balloons traveled! (Above: Lynzi is just right of the woman in black and I am two over from her. Below I am at the bottom far right in the red shirt and Lynzi is in front of me so you can't see her.)Here is our game time. Lynzi has the blue jean jacket on holding hands with two other kids. I am across the gym with my team. (Parents can't have their own kids in their group. It was hard to cheer for Lynzi and my team at the same time!)Here is Lynzi in her small group. My group is over in the corner by the window where you cannot see. But you can see that we are in the same room at all times...that is kinda neat!


That is all I have for now. Monday is Nature Club and Girl Scouts. Tuesday is Ballet and Angel Food order day as well as her first school fundraiser items come in. Wednesday, I think Gene and I are going to spend the day together doing something while Lynzi is at school. Thursday and Friday, I think are going to be pretty slow for now. Whew!
Here is a couple pictures from Girl Scouts 2 weeks ago. They met at the YMCA and learned a dance to earn their dancing badge. I didn't get many pictures because my camera battery went dead! :(

No comments: