Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bragging A Bit...

On Tuesday I went to pick Lynzi up from school. As we walked out to the car she said, "Mommy, something exciting happened today!" I thought....fire drill? She said, "We went into the gym and sat in lines with our class and Mr. Personet got up to talk and he called my name!!" I said, "For what?" She said, "I got a card and a pencil." Again, I asked, "For what?" She said, "For getting all A's.! It was just Robert and I from our class!" I said, "That is great! I am so proud of you! (Remember when she got her name in the "choice box" and she was soooooooo upset about it? Well she walking to Robert during nap time. So they both got all A's! Anyway....she then said, "Something else was exciting too. Our class won the Best Behaved Class Award. We all got to pick a book off a rack in the library to KEEP! I got 'There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly'...my favorite!" I get home and open her book bag to get her folder out--our daily routine. I open it to find her bag is EMPTY! She was so upset. I was getting ready to leave for the Y when I realized this and told her I would stop at the school and get her folder.

I get to the classroom and there is her teacher talking to the other Kindergarten teacher across the hall. They saw me and I said, "Sorry to interrupt but can I get Lynzi's folder? She forgot it." Her teacher said, "Guess what I was just bragging about! Come look at what Lynzi did today! We just began learning about labeling things and they have to sound out the words when they label. So she shows me this picture of a person and Lynzi has labeled the "har" the "lege" and the "bode" of this person. She has made perfect straight lines to the appropriate place. Her teacher said, "You know, we throw new things out to the students and you just never know if they get it. Lynzi's gets it!" I told her it made me proud and she said it should!

So that was my LONG bragging moment! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BE PROUD - you and Eugene have done a fantastic job at teaching and including Lynzi in appropriate activities during her formative years - Birth through pre-school. God's love through you to her is very evident. BE PROUD / BE THANKFUL / KEEP HUMBLE. God is in control. LOVE MOM "S"