Thursday, September 20, 2007

"I AM SAD"


I have to share this story. Yesterday Lynzi went to the Me's Zoo with her preschool class. I could not go with her because I was already planning on going to a Dave Ramsey luncheon in Indy....anyway...there is a little boy in her class that goes to our church. Since I was at this luncheon some friends of ours picked her up and was just gonna keep her until time for church. So while Gene and I were eating Pastor Paul calls to tell me that he had just talked to this little boy's mother and she asked him to tell me that he just tested positive for strep. He was just at the zoo with her! AAAACKKK! So when I get to church I ask Lynzi 20 questions. Did you play with Derek today? Did you sit with him during lunch? Was he in your group? Yes she played with him...but didn't eat lunch with him nor was he in her group. So....who knows. She goes to class and I go into the sanctuary. After church Gene bring a crying Lynzi to me. "She doesn't feel good!" Oh great. So in the freaking out Gene was doing...Lynzi was freaking out too! I thought I would need to medicate them both before the night was over! We had brought two cars so Gene took her home while I was waited for friends to get the car seat for my car. While waiting on friends I asked her teacher what happened and how did this all come about? She said that she was just sitting in her chair and she had this glassy look in her eyes. So she asked her if she was OK. Lynzi said, "I am just sad." Her teacher said, "Are you sad or are you sick?" She said, "I don't know am I?" Mind you nothing has been said to her about Derek having strep...this teacher didn't even know. I get home and I lay in bed with Lynzi and I ask, "What happened? Does your tummy hurt? Does you throat hurt?" She said, "No, I am sad." I asked her what she was sad about. With tears in her eyes and with a little bit of a whine she said, "I miss Maddie! I saw her at the library yesterday but I don't know why she wasn't at church." It just broke my heart! Maddie and her family left our church while we were in Florida. They have see each other at the library twice and just loved and hugged on each other! Lynzi and Maddie are 3 months apart in age. The story teller at the library asked, "Maddy, are you and Lynzi friends?" Maddie said, "Yep, forever!" Her mother and I said, "Well, I guess so...all their lives!" It just saddens me what this could do to their friendship. This is just so devastating for my little 4 year old. For those of you who don't know Lynzi goes to work with me at church. Pastor Paul has said, "She can truly say she has been raised in church!" I believe this is why Lynzi is concerned that the Little Mermaid doesn't go to church ...let alone her friend Maddie! She believes when the Sun goes down...it is because he had to go to church. Please pray for Lynzi breaking heart....and mine!



Speaking of Prayer....my friend Julie is having foot surgery tomorrow. She is ok with the surgery but she needs prayer for patience in healing. She is not a "sit around" person and likes to be on the go. She doesn't see herself being off work for 2 weeks! Before going to Starbucks tonight with her I was concerned that maybe she shouldn't be having that Vanilla Bean Frappoccino so late. She said, "Well they said no food after 9pm, but on the paperwork it says no food for the 8 hours prior to surgery." Her surgery is at 2pm. She said, "I will do what I want!" LOL So please pray that she doesn't throw up in my car tomorrow on the way home!



Hope you have a good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss Lynzi - a true people person through and through. I will pray your communication is clear for her to understand relationships. LOVE GAMMY E