Monday, March 09, 2009

Getting into the groove.

I have been keeping pretty busy the last 2 weeks. As most of you know my mother passed away on February 23rd. It was very unexpected so I am still a bit in shock. I spent a week in Marion to prepare for the funeral and such. Tina and I went through files, etc. My mom was an amazing organized person! Tina has agreed to take on all the medical responsibilities for dad and I the financial responsibilities. Then on Monday, March 2nd we were all back to work. It took a while to get into the groove at work, but finally by Friday I had everything caught up.

This past weekend I went to stay with my dad. The plan was to have the death certificate and get some things done with that, but it was not received yet. I did go dad's mail and paid a couple more bills. We also bought a used stroller/car seat while in Marion and Gene picked up a used Pack-n-Play in Muncie. We got some great deals.

Lynzi has been sick off and on since Saturday. (She has been on an antibiotic for an ear infection since Tues.) But Saturday she got sick in Daddy's car when they went to Muncie to get the great find. On Sunday, on the way to church, she complained of her tummy hurting....but was fine an hour or so later. Today, same thing. On the way home from school she didn't feel well. I had some errands to run but when we finally made it home she has slept on the couch ever since! I woke her up to go to Girl Scouts...but she said her tummy still hurt. So back to sleep she is.

I don't have any pictures to post...for 2 reasons. 1) no great picture taking opportunities and 2) broken camera!

The weather has been wonderful. A bit windy at times...but I am sooooooooooooo ready for spring!! If only we all could get well we could be outside enjoying it. I suppose we will all be well by the time it gets COLD again!

I did start on cleaning Lynzi's room downstairs. I could take this quiet moment to go finish that...or ....take a nap myself!

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers these last 2 weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Siglins
Hope all is well. We need to get together before the baby parade starts. I was going to e-mail Gene but we got a new computer and I do not know how. Hang in there!
Andy for the Laymans