Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thank God it is SATURDAY!

(I have tried to post pics, but it isn't working. Will insert them later.)

This has been quite a week! It has certainly had ups and downs to it. The downs ....wow what a shocker! Lies were told about me at work by members in the church that I have done nothing to! These people, in my opinion, have too much time on their hands. However I cannot be told who they are. By the end of yesterday, I have a really good feeling. You will see why later in my posting. Therefore, I cannot make things right with them. I definately don't agree with the fact they went to the pastor and not to me. Nor do I agree with him not telling them to go to me. It hurts, not because I am good friends with these, but that someone would want to attack me for no reason. In fact, I have done lots of office favors for them. Copying this or that...looking up information, etc. So why would they do this? These people have pulled the wool over my bosses eyes as well as some of those on the church board. This all came about when I got an evaluation....no, a write up! There was nothing but negative things on this form...so it was not an evaluation. My first "evaluation" in 3 years. Things were said in a they-must-change-IMMEDIATELY-or-else kind of way. Well yesterday I had the opportunity to sit down with the pastor and assistant pastor (as a mediator) to work some things out. (I do have to admit, something sent me over the edge and I was quite IRATE!) So we sat down and yelled at each other...and then that soon came to calm conversation. More lies came to the surface. Thanks to God, and to my good friend who was with me at the time...I was able to prove those wrong, right then and there! I hope they realize the others were untrue as well. I don't believe anything will be done with these persons. Even though I got disciplined for the things they accused me of...it is sad, but I am sure these people will not be approached. I say this because I haven't been approached in 3 years! They don't like confrontation...who does? But nothing can be fixed if the problems aren't addressed. I have had many annual evaluations at past jobs. You go over what needs improvement, what you do well, and set goals. This was nothing like that! I have never had a negative evaluation. To say the least I was very hurt.


However, God is showing himself. I went to call a friend and she had just went on a break at work and her cell phone rang. Other job opportunities are starting to surface. (First let me tell you 2 of the many things that were said about/to me in the "evaluation". One--I bit somone's head off on the phone. --Not true! And two---Lynzi's being at work with me is becoming a problem because she clutter's up the office when she is there.) The owner of this company (where I would LOVE to work) said, "I would like you to work for me because I need a kind person to be there when I cannot and you are a kind person!" She also said, "If you need to go pick up Lynzi at school you can leave and bring her back here. She can play games on the computer and I have the Disney channel there." This person has NO clue what happened to me that week. I believe God was telling me that things would be alright!

I had been working on a letter to give to each board member. I will now need to revamp it a little since many of the things were addressed and resolved, but my character still needs to be restored to those on the board. And for this reason I need to go ahead with the letter.

Wow...did I ramble or what? I am over it, can ya tell?? HAHAHAHAHA!

Now to the ups.... I had a great week with my family and friends this week. Friday night we all went to see the drama at church. It was great....like always!










Last Saturday we went to the White Water Railroad Station in Connersville to go on the Easter Bunny Express. It was cold, but Lynzi had fun. And we all enjoyed watching her expressions.

Then we came home and had to install a new water heater. Thanks to the help of a good friend of ours at church. We owe him big time! While the guys were working on that Lynzi and I went to our church Easter Egg Hunt. Again she had so much fun. We were surprised to see Sydney, Lynzi's friend, and Karen, my friend, there. They had so much fun. Lynzi found one of the special eggs and got one of the grand prizes!
(Lynzi with big basket) We came home and cooked some food for Easter and colored eggs.







Sunday we went to Marion to visit with Mamaw and Papaw and then went to visit with Gene's aunt and uncle there. They were both nice visits. It was crazy ...at one moment it was SNOWING BIG SNOWFLAKES! It was crazy. Just from nowhere! (well from the sky...I do know that!) HA!
(Easter pics)
This week Lynzi was in charge of bringing snacks. The kids get so excited about this...because they get to be the leader all week. This week was 'S' week. So we took Striped cookies, Smiley face fruit snacks, S'more cereal, Strawberry juice boxes, Sunny D and ...um....Smilk. HA! Wednesday was silly socks day. We weren't too creative but she found a pair of socks she wanted to wear that were all different colors and had circles and hearts on them. Then on Friday ...a field trip to the fire station where they learned about fire safety. Last night we drilled Lynzi to see what she rememebered. She answered all the questions right! She just sits there and listens and I just don't know if she is "getting" it. But she is!

On Wednesday I had breakfast at Starbuck's with my friend Michelle. Her and I met thru our daughters' ballet classes. Our friendship has bloomed this year. She is a Mary Kay consultant. I recently had a party with her and.....

OOOOOPS I DID IT AGAIN!!!!!

Yes, I have signed up again to be a consultant!!!! I have nothing to lose. I love the stuff! I truly do! And I want everyone to know about it!!!! I bought the new Microdermembrasion at my party. You are to use it 2-3 times a week. You can ask Gene, I get sooooooo excited when it is a day I get to use it! (See what I mean about ups and downs this week!!!)

So I should be recieving my kit on Tuesday. I have went thru all my old stuff, like tapes and such, and put them all out on a table. I have listened to every tape/cd and started to read Mary Kay Ash's book. HA! I GOTTA GET READY!!!! HA!

Today Lynzi and I are going shopping for a birthday gift for a little girl in her preschool class. Pray for us about 7pm! She will be attempting the bowling thing again! She is excited about that...so I am glad!

I hope you all have a good day. I hope your ups outweigh your downs today!

Love you all!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I am so sorry to hear about your downs this week, but that makes your ups seem that much brighter! I have come to realize after marrying into a minister's family and working at a Christian school that everyone doesn't always act the way they should and that people still get gossiped about, things said that were untrue and people get hurt...even in those environments that are supposed to be "safe". Aren't we glad that we have someone whoe DOESN'T act that way, Jesus!

I will be praying for you!